Baltimore's Ravens Rise Program Institutes New Virtual Huddle Sponsorship Activation
July 29, 2020
5 min read
Share this post
Here's a great activation piece, that was adjusted for 2020. Made it virtual, but brought in the same excitement and outcomes for Under Armour. (see the community activation from 2019, below)
Their first event is a USA Football webinar on August 25th, checkout the webinar landing page that lives right on the "play like a raven" dedicated page
We also did a feature on their Under Armour kids gear last year:
The Baltimore Ravens teamed up with Under Armour (and their foundation) and provide a sponsored grant application on their website for youth teams in the state of Maryland to submit their information online here to receive a grant to buy football gear. There will be 120 winning teams. The entire Ravens Rise program is a community outreach piece by the Ravens and is presented by Wendy's, we'll do a more in-depth post on that program later.
1. Such a great community piece. Having Under Armour as a local company, providing local benefits to the community is a great tie in.
2. Directly tied to the sponsor's products. Giving away cleats and gear by the Ravens via Under Armour is a great combination. It's just a good fit
3. Youth interactions. Attracting youth in sponsorship is a difficult thing to do, but can be the right concept for family-driven metrics.
4. Great timing; it's before football season starts. This is great off-season content
5. Subtle win..... Great promotion to get around the Nike NFL jersey contract and interact in a limited category.